We research in-depth and provide unbiased reviews and recommendations on the best products. We strive to give you the most accurate information. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
As the name implies, a right angle drill has a 90-degree operating angle for getting into tight spaces. This includes angling tools and drill attachments for your current drills. You may also get one for your workspace needs if you examine the following factors:
- The type of tool: Right-angle drills come in a variety of shapes and sizes, each with its own set of features. While a few of these are stand-alone power tools, including an electric motor, others are drill attachments that may be used with your current drills.
- The size of the drill: It is critical to check the drill size or chuck when purchasing a tool attachment or a power tool for use with a right-angle drill. This is because quarter-inch bits only fit quarter-inch drills, just as 3/8 inch bits only fit 3/8 inch drills.
- Form and size factor: With regards to size, you should choose a right-angle drill that is compact and small. This is because a compact and small right-angle drill helps you to reach narrow corners with ease while drilling.
As there are so many right-angle drills available, we have compiled a list of the best right-angle drills. You can also find their main features and alternatives to help you make your choice, meaning that after reading this article to the end, you can have a look at all of these components and purchase the ideal right-angle drill for your toolbox.
The Best Right Angle Drill Options on the Market
There are plenty of right-angle drills to choose from – here are our top seven options:
- Dewalt 20V Max Right Angle Drill
- Ryobi P241 Right Angle Drill
- Milwaukee M18 Right Angle Drill
- Dewalt Right Angle Attachment
- Makita DA3010F Right Angle Drill
- Kkmoon Right Angle Cordless Drill
- Qazwsx123 Long Right Angle Drills
The drill bit size is a typical 3/8 inch drill bit size for convenience of usage. As a result, you may use a variety of drill bits with this Dewalt right-angle drill without any problems.
- With its 2,000 RPM motor, it provides excellent performance
- The 20-volt battery system has a good battery life
- With a variable speed trigger, changing speeds is simple
- There is no charger or battery included
- It is a tad on the heavy side
Dewalt is one of the most well-known and oldest power tool brands. You may also get a cordless right-angle drill from Dewalt.
The Dewalt DCD740B right angle drill is ranked first in our article because it is an excellent cordless model. Its electric motor is powered by a 20-volt battery system, as the name suggests. The battery system provides good performance as well as long battery life. You can run up to 650 RPM or 2000 RPM or with this battery based on the current mode. The drill bit size is a typical 3/8 inch drill bit size for convenience of usage. As a result, you may use a variety of drill bits with this Dewalt right-angle drill without any problems.
One of the best things about Dewalt is that it is a well-known power tool manufacturer. As a result, it includes a three-year warranty for further peace of mind. In comparison to other products, you also get an excellent build quality that feels pretty durable. This right-angle drill’s four-inch back length enables you to comfortably fit it into any small location or corner you’re working in. Regrettably, this drill doesn’t include a charger or a battery, so you need to purchase one separately.
- The motor speed rating of up to 2,000 rotations per minute
- Three-year long warranty
- ⅜ inch drill size
- Four-inch back length for ease of use
- 20-volt electric motor
- Ergonomic and comfortable grip
- Variable speed trigger for precise work
This right angle drill power tool comes with a 3/8-inch drill or chuck size.
- You get a lot of bang for your buck – it is an affordable product
- It performs admirably for a battery-powered device
- With 18-volt batteries, it has a decent battery life
- Build quality is average
- A higher motor speed would be better
Ryobi is well known for its low-cost, high-quality electric power tools. This also applies to the battery-powered right-angle drill discussed before.
This Ryobi P241 right angle drill is ranked second in this article because it is the most affordable battery-powered power tool described. Despite the fact that this power tool has a low price tag, it comes with a long list of capabilities. Therefore, the user gets a lot of bang for their buck. This drill employs an 18-volt battery system, much like many other battery-powered right-angle drills, resulting in a high torque rating of 130-inch pounds and a motor speed of 1,100 RPM for further comfort and peace of mind.
Carrying on, this right angle drill power tool comes with a 3/8-inch drill or chuck size. Since this drill is so popular among other variants, you may get a broad variety of drill bits for it. Its 18-volt battery lasts a long time, giving you a sense of comfort. This drill also includes LED lights, allowing you to work in dimly lit places without difficulty. While this tool comes with a fantastic three-year warranty, the quality of construction is on the ordinary side.
- The motor speed rating of up to 1,100 rotations per minute
- Three-year long warranty
- ⅜ inch drill size
- 18-volt electric motor
- Built-in LED light for ease of use
- Fair battery life
- 130-inch pounds of high torque
With this specialized right-angle drill, you receive a chuck size or drill size of half an inch. This means you can use large-sized bits with it without any problems.
- It is a right-angle drill that is extremely dependable and long-lasting.
- Variable speed trigger that is simple to use
- Brushless 18-volt motor that is both powerful and efficient
- There is no information regarding the warranty
- Costly power tool There isn't any information on the motor RPM speed
When compared to other power equipment brands, Milwaukee is one of the more luxury options available, as evidenced by its right-angle drill.
Milwaukee’s right-angle drill is ranked third in this article because it is the most dependable and long-lasting alternative. This is due to the fact that it comes with an exceptional build. In addition, it comes with a five-year warranty, which is far longer than any other alternative. To put it another way, this powerful device can easily last a long time. Its body also provides a comfortable grip for the users.
With this specialized right-angle drill, you receive a chuck size or drill size of half an inch. This means you can use large-sized bits with it without any problems. Despite the fact that this tool only utilizes 18-volt batteries, the performance it provides is fairly good. The brushless motor is extremely dependable and efficient, providing the user with excellent performance. It also comes with a variable speed trigger so you can quickly change the speed if necessary.
- Five-year long warranty
- ½ inch drill size
- 18-volt electric motor
- All metal keyed chuck for additional strength
- Provides an ergonomic and grippy body design
A front-to-back 1.5-inch design is included, as well as a tool attachment that you can simply fit to your existing drills.
- It has a great build quality
- Easy to attach and use with a drill
- Internal gearing is stable and effective for optimal efficiency
- There is no information regarding the warranty
- Quite a bit larger than average
In addition to making a specialized right-angle drill power tool, Dewalt also makes a tool attachment for turning your current drill into a right-angle drill.
If you’re looking for a device attachment, the Dewalt DWARA120 right-angle attachment is one of the best solutions available. This is owing to the fact that it provides the user with a high-quality build that can effortlessly endure quite a few years. Its internal gearing is also of exceptional quality, ensuring that it performs at the top of its class. In terms of compatibility, you may anticipate it to work with nearly all Dewalt drill models.
A front-to-back 1.5-inch design is included, as well as a tool attachment that you can simply fit to your existing drills. This is owing to the fact that this tool attachment has a magnetic construction for convenience of usage. If you want to use it with an impact drill, it can be utilized in both drill and drive types, which is a terrific feature. While there isn’t any information on the guarantee for this tool attachment, it does provide the user with a highly durable metal structure.
- Five-inch drill size
- Magnetic design for ease of use
- Metal build for high strength
- Five-inch front to back design
- Compatible with the majority of Dewalt drill tools available
The drill has a built-in shockproof and sturdy ball-bearing structure to provide a long service life.
- With simple features, it is ideal for novices
- A powerful and high-performing choice
- Long-lasting and durable
- It is challenging to drive screws
Makita is a global leader in the development of high-performance and long-lasting power tools. To suit the needs of customers, the brand works in over 40 countries.
Makita’s drill has a powerful 4.0 amp engine that can drill holes in a variety of materials. It has a basic variable speed feature that allows you to control drilling speed between zero and 2,400 RPM based on the thickness of the materials. It has a built-in LED light that provides sight even when operating in low-light conditions.
Due to its compact size and simple features, this is one of the best right-angle drills for newbies. When it comes to working around framing studs and other tight quarter tasks, the drill weighs 4.14 pounds and spans 10.63 x 2.4 x 3.11 inches; for one-handed use and to avoid overtightening of fasteners, its paddle switch has a speed restriction dial. The drill has a built-in shockproof and sturdy ball-bearing structure to provide a long service life. In addition, the drill comes with a one-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- The motor speed rating of 2,400 RPM
- Runs on a powerful four amp motor
- Variable speed feature
- Lightweight and compact
- Built-in LED for visibility
- One-year warranty
Its eight mm hex shank makes it compatible with practically all power drill models on the market.
- Excellent value for money at a reasonable price
- Compatible with a large number of different power drill models
- The structure is made of metal for added strength
- There is no guarantee
- The chuck size differs in mm rather than inches
KKmoon is a tiny brand of drills and associated accessories, such as its right-angle drill adapter when compared to other possibilities.
Because of its low price, the KKmoon right angle drill attachment is one of the most cost-effective solutions available. Despite the fact that this is a smaller drill and accessory brand, the product has a great user rating and right-angle drill reviews. It contains a good user rating due to the extensive set of functions it provides. One of its best features is that it has a high RPM support rating of 1,500 RPM and a torque rating of 20 Nm, which is more than sufficient for most customers.
This right-angle drill attachment has a chuck size range of 0.8 mm to 10 mm for size support. It is an extension bar with a 90-degree angle for ease of usage, as the name suggests. Its eight mm hex shank makes it compatible with practically all power drill models on the market. Because this angle drill attachment is so little and compact, people may use it in even the tiniest of spaces with ease.
- Provides support for up to 20 Nm of torque
- The supported motor speed rating of 1,500 rounds per minute
- Eight mm hex for wide compatibility
- 10 mm drill size
- Keyless check for easily changing tips
- Compact and small size for ease of use
Place here Description for your reviewbox
When it comes to power tools and associated components or angle drill attachments, QAZWSX123 is one of the newest companies on the market. However, if you’re on a budget, the right-angle drill attachment might be a good choice.
The QAZWSX123 right angle drill attachment described in this best right-angle drill article is the most affordable choice yet. As a result, it might be a terrific alternative for people on a budget or simply looking for a good deal. Because this is a tool attachment, you can easily attach it to your current drill because it can attach to the majority of models. This drill attachment is fantastic since it has a 105-degree angle, which is superior to many other 90-degree angle drill attachments.
Despite the fact that this right-angle drill attachment comes from an obscure power tool accessory company, it comes with a six-month warranty. Whilst the build quality has a lot of room for improvement, at this price point, you can’t expect much more. It has a standard quarter-inch chuck size, as the name suggests, which is useful for using a variety of drill bits. Its three long-lasting ball bearings make sure that you obtain the most performance from your current drill bit.
- 105-degree angle
- Has a long bar to reach all corners easily
- Six-month warranty
- Metal construction
- ¼ inch chuck size
- Compatible with a variety of drill tools
- Die-cast ball bearing mount
Choosing the Best Angle Drills
We’ve also included a list of the most important features and choices so you can quickly see how they differ. While this information is useful for purchasing one for yourself, some of you may still be perplexed.
As a result, we’ve put up a quick buying guide for right-angle drills. This buying guide, specifically for right-angle drills, covers a wide range of characteristics and criteria. As a result, if you look for these components, you might be able to find the ideal drill for you. Always keep the following in mind when reading right-angle drill reviews and trying to find your perfect match:
- The type of angle drill models
- Drill size
- Motor speed
- Power type
- Form and size factor
- Reliability and build quality
You are now ready to find the best fit for you!
The Bottom Line
If you’ve ever used a drill, you know how difficult it can be to reach into small spots. Right-angle drills are useful in this situation because their tilted tool head allows you to easily reach tight places. In this article, we’ve discussed quite a few of the top right-angle drills, as well as their main features and alternatives. If you are still uncertain which of these right-angle drills is ideal for you, have a look at one of the suggestions below before purchasing this great tool:
- If you would like the most dependable option, choose the Milwaukee drill. With the assistance of its very efficient and reliable 18-volt electric motor, this power tool boasts a superb build and a five-year warranty.
- The Makita DA3010F Right Angle Drill is the most affordable power tool in this article, making it an excellent choice for individuals on a tight budget. It has a corded construction with a motor speed of up to 2,400 RPM and a 3/8-inch chuck.
- If all you need is a tool attachment for your current drill, the Dewalt DWARA120 is one of the better options available. It has a 1.5-inch front-to-back design and excellent build quality.
Make sure to let us know what you think in the comment area. You may also pop any queries you have below!