When you have a tiling job on your hands, you need the best possible tool to get it done. Whether you are working on your flooring, a countertop, or any other construction or remodeling work involving tiles, the final result is largely dependent on how well you cut and fit your tiles. It does not matter if you are a professional contractor or a DIYer, you need the right toolset to make your work more accurate precise, and efficient and to keep yourself safe while you work. In this review of the 10 best tile saw options, we give you the full scoop on finding the right tools to simplify your tiling project.
SKIL 3540-02 Wet Tile Saw PROFESSIONALS CHOICE
DeWalt Wet Tile Saw with Stand, 10-Inch (D24000S) HIGH IN-DEMAND
Makita 4100NH Dry Cut Masonry Saw BEST COMPACT
Porter-Cable PCE980 Wet Tile Saw GREAT EFFICIENCY
SKIL 3550-02 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw BEST SELLER
Delta 96-107 7" Cruzer Wet Tile Saw VALUE FOR MONEY
Steel Force KPC 3551 Portable 14" Wet/Dry BEST CHOICE
Leegol Electric 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw EXCELLENT PRODUCT
HYCHIKA Compact Circular Tile Saw EXCEPTIONAL TOOL
Mini Circular Saw, FIXTEC Compact Electric Circular QUALITY PRODUCT
Top 3 Tile Saws
We have found 10 of the very best tile saw options for someone who wants a great power tool for cutting tiles. Before you jump right into the full reviews of the 10 best tile saw, take a look at our top three picks. These are the best overall, the best for professional use, and the best portable tile saw option.
Best Overall: SKIL 3540-02 Wet Tile Saw
Out top pick from all the many contenders for the best wet tile saw is the SKIL 3540-02 saw. It has high performance, great horsepower, and exceptionally smart and innovative features. You can rely on this wet saw for making precise cuts, and it is an excellent option for a range of DIY tile projects. It has impressive cut versatility as can be used with a variety of materials, including ceramic, glass, backsplash tiles, masonry, and porcelain.
Best for Professional Use: DeWalt Wet Tile Saw with Stand, 10-Inch (D24000S)
Some wet tile saws are better for a contractor or home handyman than others. Our top pick for the best professional use tile saw is the DeWalt D24000S. This portable and lightweight machine can be used in heavy-duty tile projects. Storage and transport of this machine from one job site to another is, therefore, not an issue. It has a powerful motor and durable construction.
Best Portable: Makita 4100NH Dry Cut Masonry Saw
We ranked the Makita 4100NH as the best portable tile saw on the market. There were many great contenders as more and more manufacturers are bringing out compact models. This tile saw weighs only 5.9 pounds, making it easy to carry around in your vehicle. Small as it is, this tile saw has a powerful 9,6 amp motor, a high power-to-weight ratio, and a maximum rotational speed of 13,000 rpm.
Best Tile Saws: Full Review
There are so many excellent quality tile saws on the market. Here is a full review of 10 of the best wet tile saw options we found for your consideration. We also included a few dry tile potions for you to look at as well. Each of these models has great ratings and is available for purchase, so you can get started with your next tile project in no time. We included a range of machines for both contractor professionals and homeowners to use.
We ranked the SKIL 3540-02 wet tile saw as the overall best tile saw. There’s so much to love about it, especially if you are a DIYer.
- Great value for money
- Lightweight and portable
- Versatility with types of cuts, tile sizes, and type of tile material
- Slower cutting time with thick masonry tiles
- No sand available
We ranked the SKIL 3540-02 wet tile saw as the overall best tile saw. There’s so much to love about it, especially if you are a DIYer. Here are all the features and options that make this tile saw stand out from the rest.
- The stainless steel top is corrosion resistant and can accommodate a maximum tile size of 12 x 12 inches.
- There is a diamond 7-inch blade.
- This wet tile saw has an adjustable rip fence with a miter gauge. These features help the user to make straight and miter cuts accurately.
- A water reservoir keeps the blade cool and reduces dust particles.
- You can use this saw to make bevel cuts from 0 to 45 degrees.
- The cross-cut capacity is 7.75 inches, while the diagonal cut capacity is 7.25 inches.
- This is a corded-electric wet tile saw weighing 17.69 pounds and with a voltage of 120V.
- There are a 1-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- On Amazon, this product has 4.5 out of 5 stars from over 3,100 raters.
This affordable wet tile saw is perfect for homeowners who want a compact machine for DIY projects. This is an easy-to-use tile saw to cut all kinds of shapes and tile materials.
DeWalt D24000S wet tile saw. It has everything you need to do your job well and is suitable when you need to move around with your power tool.
- Comes with a stand
- Long warranty period
- Makes quick plunge cuts
- Great value for money
- High horsepower
- Large diamond-studded blade
- Higher price point
- Makes more noise in comparisons with similar saws
- Sometimes the cart does not roll smoothly on the rollers
- Stainless steel integrated rail system
If you are a contractor or other professional, we recommend the DeWalt D24000S wet tile saw. It has everything you need to do your job well and is suitable when you need to move around with your power tool.
- This corded-electric saw weighs 53.6 pounds, a voltage of 120, and horsepower of 1.5 HP.
- You get the DeWalt D24000S 10-inch wet tile saw, a saw stand, a 10-inch porcelain tile blade, a water pan, a submersible pump, rear and side water tray, an angle/ rip guide, a cutting cart side extension, and wrenches (blade and hex)
- The arbor size is 5/8 inches.
- This DeWalt D24000 S saw has a diagonal cut capacity of 18 x 18 inches, a maximum depth cut of 3 1/ inches, a maximum rip capacity with a plunge of 28 inches, and a bevel capacity of 45 degrees.
- With the stainless steel rollers, you can make accurate cuts to within 1/32 inch over 18 inches.
- There is a 3-year limited warranty on the DeWalt D24000 S.
- From over 700 ratings on Amazon, this product scored 4.7 out of 5 stars.
With this wet tile saw, there is so much you can do. The cutting cart is easy to remove, which makes the clean-up process very simple.
When you buy this tool, you get a spanner wrench, a socket wrench, two 4-inch diamond blades (one turbo and the other general-purpose, and a 4-3/8-inch masonry saw.
- Lightweight and portable
- High power-to-weight ratio
- Ergonomic design
- Powerful 12 amp motor
- Very loud operation
- Less precise in cutting than a wet tile saw
The Makita 4100NH tile saw is one of the best tile saws on the market. Learn more about it and what it has to offer below.
- This corded-electric tile saw weighs only 5.9 pounds and has a voltage of 120V, a 9,6 amp motor, and a speed of 13,000 rpm.
- When you buy this tool, you get a spanner wrench, a socket wrench, two 4-inch diamond blades (one turbo and the other general-purpose, and a 4-3/8-inch masonry saw.
- This is a dry tile saw with a circular saw design.
- You can use this type of tile saw for a range of applications, and it is able to cut in tile, concrete, stone, and masonry.
- It can cut up to 1-3/8 inches.
- There is a 1-year limited warranty.
- This tile saw has 4.6 out f 5 stars from over 200 ratings.
You can make use of the user-friendly features of the Makita tile saw for your convenience and safety. These are, namely, the D-handle, the trigger start, and the safety stop.
Included with your purchase is a PCE980 7-inch wet tile saw, a miter square, a 7-inch porcelain tile blade, and a blade wrench.
- Powerful saw
- Versatility with tile materials
- Adjustable rear fence
- Onboard miter square
- Lightweight and portable
- Splash guard and water channels
- Higher price point
- The product can wobble when cutting thick tiles.
The Porter-Cable PCE980 wet tile saw is a great option to consider if you are willing to spend a little bit more. Here is a breakdown of some of its main features and functions.
- This product has an onboard miter square to line up miter cuts and make repeatable rip cuts.
- There is a roll cage to protect the cutting cart and make the machine easier to carry.
- The splash guard keeps the tool user dry.
- A stainless steel fixed deck can handle the water spray and heavy usage on the job site.
- You can drain water easily and mess-free, thanks to the drain plug.
- This corded-electric wet tile saw weighs 32 pounds, has a voltage of 120V, wattage of 1300W, horsepower of 1.00, and rotational speed of 2850 rpm.
- Included with your purchase is a PCE980 7-inch wet tile saw, a miter square, a 7-inch porcelain tile blade, and a blade wrench.
- From over 500 raters on Amazon, this product scored 4.4 out of 5 stars.
This Porter-Cable wet tile saw is highly versatile and portable. You can make your miter and rip cuts more accurate by making use of the adjustable rip fence and onboard miter square.
SKIL 3550 02 comes at a higher price point than a lot of the other best tile saw options, it offers great value that makes it a worthwhile investment.
- Great value for money
- Has the ability to stop water splash with the water containment system
- Has an aluminum top
- Can cut miters and bevels
- Adjustable rip fence
- Not the most stable
- The guide is not the best
The SKIL 3550 02 is a great value wet tile saw product. Find out why we believe it offers the most bang for your bucks. You might find that this is the best wet tile saw for you.
- This wet tile saw has a hydro-lock water containment system.
- The product weighs 24 pounds, is corded -electric, and has a speed of 3,600 rpm.
- There is a sliding side extension that supports up to 18 x 18-inch tiles.
- With the aluminum top, you get a durable and rust-resistant table surface to work on.
- The adjustable rip fence and miter gauge allow you to make accurate cuts (both straight and miter).
- The bevel cuts tile at three angles, which are 0, 22.5, and 45 degrees, which accommodates a range of angle cuts needs.
- From over 800 raters, this product scored 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Although the SKIL 3550 02 comes at a higher price point than a lot of the other best tile saw options, it offers great value that makes it a worthwhile investment. For a consumer-grade tile saw to use at your house, it can do a lot. If you need a professional-grade item, however, there are better alternatives from the competition.
You also get a heavy-duty rip fence, which has positive stops at various angle points including 0, 22. 5, and 45-degrees.
- Large rip cutting capacity
- Heavy-duty rip fence and rail system
- Professional product
- Excellent reviews
- High horsepower motor
- Premium price point
We included the Delta 96-107 as one of the best tile saws. Learn why it is on our top picks in the review below.
- With this 63-pound wet tile saw, you get a powerful 13 amp motor with a horsepower of 2.0 and a voltage of 120V.
- This saw can cut through man-made and natural tile and paver materials.
- There is a 7-inch diamond cutting wheel, which can cut up to 2 3/8 inches in stone.
- The Delta 96-107 has a rip cutting capacity of 24 inches, the largest in its class.
- You also get a heavy-duty rip fence, which has positive stops at various angle points including 0, 22. 5, and 45-degrees.
- There is a heavy-duty rail system that allows you to make straight, accurate, and smooth cuts.
- You can also make use of the 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- This product has 4.7 out of 5 stars from just under 100 Amazon ratings.
This high-end product is best suited for professionals with the skills and ability to handle this well-designed wet tile saw. If you only need a small, inexpensive unit to use in your DIY projects at home, then consider looking at one of the simpler models in this list.
You can use this power tool for a variety of applications, including cutting through porcelain, granite, and concrete.
- Versatile power tool
- Low dust and noise levels
- Dual function as an angle cutter and tile saw
- High price point
The Steel Force KPC 3551 is a great tile saw option for you to think about. Find out why it made the cut from the review below.
- This electric-corded product can function as both a saw and a power angle cutter.
- It has a water line and a guide roller complete with a blade.
- There is a powerful 15 Amp motor for making smooth and accurate cuts.
- You can use this power tool for a variety of applications, including cutting through porcelain, granite, and concrete.
- The speed of this tile saw is 4,300 rpm, while the weight is 3.1 pounds.
- The unit comes with a 14-inch general-purpose segment diamond saw blade.
- It is easy to clean out pieces of debris and dust and reduce the noise of the tool, thanks to the water line and dust extraction port.
- This unit also comes with 1/2 and 3/4-inch water hose adapters.
- From around 50 reviews, this product has 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
If you do a lot of work with granite, concrete, and porcelain, you can kill more than one bird with the same stone by making use of this dual-purpose power tool. It functions as both a power angle cutter and a tile saw.
To prevent the blades from overheating, and to reduce the dust and pieces of debris, there is a blade cooling water reservoir.
- Blade cooling mechanism
- None found
Another one of the best tile saws is the Leegol Electric wet tile saw. You can find out more about its features and specifications up next.
- With this power tool, you can make bevel cuts tile from 0 to 45 degrees to accommodate many cut types.
- The Leegol Electric wet tile saw weighs 25.8 pounds and has a voltage of 120V.
- Inside the package, you get the following components: a 7-Inch tile cutter, a nut driver, a spanner wrench, and an instructional manual.
- There is chrome-plating on the tool table.
- The adjustable rip fence and miter gauge improve the accuracy of all the different types of cuts you might want to make.
- To prevent the blades from overheating, and to reduce the dust and pieces of debris, there is a blade cooling water reservoir.
- The induction motor is powerful and can provide up to 3,550 rpm for heavy-dut tile cutting jobs.
- This wet tile saw has an Amazon rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars from over 500 reviewers.
This wet tile saw is easy to use and easy to maintain. You can use it to cut through tile, marble, masonry, and ceramic materials with speed and precision.
You can use it to cut a range of materials, including tiles, plastic, wood, plasterboard, PVC, and soft metal.
- Easy to set and easy to use
- Advanced safety features
- Powerful motor
- Ergonomic design
- High accuracy and precision
- Lightweight and portable handheld power tool
- Suitable for household use only
The HYCHIKA circular tile saw is excellent if you have a tile project on hand. Find out more about this circular saw option and what it brings to the table.
- The mini circular saw from HYCHIKA weighs 7.04 pounds.
- You can use it to cut a range of materials, including tiles, plastic, wood, plasterboard, PVC, and soft metal.
- The product comes with three saw blades for woodcuts, metal cuts, and a grit diamond blade for tile cuts.
- You also get a class 2 laser guide, a scale ruler, and a parallel guide attachment to increase the cutting accuracy.
- When you need to adjust the cutting depth from 0- 1-inch, you can use the easy-to-set depth gauge.
- The base of the saw has a heavy gauge iron wrap around.
- For the cover of the circular saw, the material used is aluminum.
- There are a powerful 4 amps pure copper motor that can run at a high cutting speed of 4,500 rpm.
- It is a lightweight and compact wet tile saw you can use for all your DIY projects in and around your house.
- The safe and ergonomic design of this circular saw includes a soft rubber handle, a dust port, a dust piper, and a double protection switch.
- Out of over 2,300 Amazon raters, this tile saw scored 4.4 out of 5 stars.
With this mini wet tile saw, there is a lot you can do around the household. It is a great addition to your toolset if you are a fan of DIY projects and renovations.
There are three blades that can be used for cutting wood, metal, and a diamond blade for cutting. The vacuum adaptor makes cleaning up easy.
- Advanced safety features
- Portable and compact
- Easy to use and set
- Easy to clean
- Ergonomic design
- Suitable for light use only
If you are open to the idea of a mini circular saw, we recommend the FIXTEC compact tile saw. Learn about what makes it an excellent choice below.
- This mini circular saw weighs and has a 4 amp pure copper motor that can drive a speed of 4,000 rpm.
- Your purchase includes a parallel guide attachment, a scale ruler, and a laser guide.
- You can use this circular saw to cut easily into plastic, tile, PVC, soft metal, and wood.
- There are three blades that can be used for cutting wood, metal, and a diamond blade for cutting.
- This is a lightweight and compact tool you can carry around the home and in your workshop.
- You can adjust the cutting depth using the depth gauge lever. The cutting depth range is 0- 1-1/16 inches.
- There is a soft rubber handle to reduce user hand fatigue.
- The vacuum adaptor makes cleaning up easy.
- One of the notable safety features is the double protection switch.
- This product has a 4.1 out of 5-star rating on Amazon from just over a dozen users.
An easy-to-carry mini tile saw can be a great tool to use for your DIY projects, It is affordable and very versatile.
With 10 excellent tile saws to choose from, you can’t go wrong. We included some of the best tile saws for a range of applications. In this buying guide, you can learn more about picking tile saws, why you should invest in a wet tile saw, as well as some quick answers to the most frequently asked questions on the topic. Whether you are a DIYer or one of many professionals who need to cut tiles, knowing which tool to use is a skill that can make your work more efficient.
Understanding Wet Tile Saws
Wet tile saws are power tools used to cut hard and strong materials like porcelain and glass. They have water-cooled diamond blades, and these allow them to make precise cuts with a smooth finish. If you have a delicate cutting job and a large tiling project to complete, having a wet tile saw can speed up your work and make sure that you can produce tiles of the right size for the floor or other surface you are working on.
Wet Tile Saws vs. Tile Cutters
When you have to do some tiling, there are two main options for tile cutting equipment. These are wet tile saw or a tile cutter. There are advantages and disadvantages to using either of these options. You must evaluate your cutting needs and available space and resources to decide which type of tile cutting tool is going to be the best pick for you.
As explained above, wet tile saws are power tools. They are connected to an electrical power supply, although you can also find smaller portable options that are battery-powered. For the most part, however, a wet saw is a large tool that needs to be set up in one location that is usually different from where the tiling job site is. It is a larger piece of equipment
The main advantages of using a wet saw are that it is powerful, relatively easy to use, and very effective to make fast, clean, and accurate cuts in even the toughest materials.
In comparison, a tile cutter is a very affordable tool that you can use to cut tiles with precision. It is a manual, hand-held device that is straightforward in operation. Although this portable tile cutter is a very handy tool to have in your workshop, it does have a few drawbacks. It is not the best option to cut glass and other hard materials, but you can use it to cut soft tiles.
You also must note that a tile cutter does not produce the smoothest cut, can lead to the tile material breaking after you have completed the scoring, and may take some trial and error to learn how to use it. If you have a large tiling project on your hands, you are much better off investing in one of the best tile saws instead.
Things to Look for in the Best Tile Saw
There are several things you need to consider when you want to buy a new wet tile saw. Evaluating the features and specifications of each model you see can help you determine if it is the best fit for your project needs and budget.
Here is a quick rundown of the main things to look for in a wet saw:
- Cutting capacity – You need a tile saw that can handle a lot of material and larger tiles as well.
- Cutting accuracy and precision – You need a cutting tool that can cut with high accuracy and precision. If the result is going to be what you wish for, then the cut tiles should be the exact shape and size you need them to be. Some of the measures to look at include cutting depth, a plunge effect mechanism to fin-tune this, rip cut length, and diagonal cutting length.
- Versatility – here are different types of cuts you might want to make, so your title saw must be versatile enough to accommodate a variety of cuts, including U-cuts, L-cuts, squares cuts, and miter cuts.
- Bevel capacity – When you are going to be cutting different shapes and materials, you need to know the maximum angle cut that your tile saw can make.
- Horsepower – A powerful motor is a must-have if you need to produce smooth cuts in very hard materials.
- Size and portability – It’s always good to look at the dimensions of any new piece of equipment you might want to introduce to your workshop. While a larger machine option might suit your cutting capacity requirements, there is a problem if you don’t have enough space to fit it comfortably. An ergonomic shop arrangement is a must for health and safety considerations. If you want a tile saw you can carry from one job site to another, then a smaller, portable option is worth considering. You might, however, need to forgo some of the extra functionality that comes with a larger model.
- Blade capacity – If you want excellent cut quality, you need a sharp blade that can produce smooth cuts with minimum resistance. For hard tile materials, a diamond blade is ideal. To handle the overheating that may occur, you should find a tile saw with a cooling system.
- Dust protection – When you are cutting tiles, a lot of dust is generated. This dust can be sawdust or silica dust, but one thing is certain. When people inhale a lot of it it can cause irritation and breathing problems. You need a tile saw with a mechanism to reduce the volume of dust particles that get into the area. This system can be something like a water spray or splash system.
- Additional accessories – If you want more versatility with your wet saw, you might need some accessories like tile fixers, laser kits, and table extensions.
Here are answers to some of the questions we get from beginners as well as professionals and DIYers about wet tile saws and how to complete tile work successfully.
What is the difference between a wet and dry tile saw?
Both a wet tile saw or cutter and a dry tile saw or cutter perform the same function such as cutting tiles. The main difference is their treatment of dust particles that are produced during the cutting operation.
Why is diamond used in a saw Blade?
Diamond is the hardest natural material on earth. Although most people think of diamond as a jewelry item, it is commonly used in other areas because of its superior hardness. When you are trying to cut very hard material like tile, or metal, you need a diamond blade.
Picking the right cutting tool is an important skill. There are performance, cost, and safety considerations to make. You also have to think about how much and how often you intend to use the tool. If you are only an occasional DIYer, you might not want to invest too much into a new tool. If you are a professional who handles tiling jobs often, then investing in a more heavy-duty and well-built model is a wise move to make.
In this review of the 10 best tile saws, we found a range of excellent yet diverse options for your next tiling job. In our top three selection of tile saws, we picked the overall winner as the SKIL 3540-02 wet tile saw. The DeWalt D24000S is our top pick for the best wet tile saw for professionals to use. Last, but not least, we chose the Makita 4100NH Dry Cut Masonry Saw as the best portable saw.