We research in-depth and provide unbiased reviews and recommendations on the best products. We strive to give you the most accurate information. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
When it comes to cleaning your workshop or construction site, you need a powerful vacuum cable of handling all kinds of dirt and debris. Once you find the best shop vac for your cleaning requirements, it can make your clean-up fast and easy. If you get one of the newer models, you can enjoy more features and versatility. We have compiled a list of the 10 very best shop vacs, and you can learn more about each option in this full review. In the buyer’s guide section, we give answers to many of the questions and considerations that come when it’s time to find a new shop vac.
Top 10 Shop Vacs
As you are going to see in the buyer’s guide, there are many features and specifications that make a good shop vac. You need a powerful machine that can handle the type of cleaning you might need to do. It has to be easy to clean and empty. There are many wet/ dry vac options on the market, so you have to choose wisely. You might need a lightweight, medium-weight, or heavy-duty machine, depending on your work requirements.
We’ve picked out 10 top picks from the overall list of products we consider the best. These are the best overall shop vac, the best budget option, which is also the runner-up, and finally, the best portable shop vac.
Vacmaster Professional Wet/Dry Vac, 16 Gallon Best Overall – Great for wet and dry messes
Craftsman CMXEVBE17595 16 Gallon Best for Budget – top choice
Ridgid 50313 Portable Wet Dry Vacuum 4000RV Best Portable
10 Best Shop Vacs: Full Review
It’s now time to look at the 10 best shop vac options in detail. For each product, we look at some of the quick facts about its features and specifications, and how these could benefit you as you go about your work. You can see how each of the wet/ dry vacuums compares from the list of pros and cons. We have also included some special tips to help you get the most out of your shop vac.
Our overall winner for those looking for a professional shop vac is the Vacmaster beast. This best-in-class machine gives you all you need for a powerful cleanup.
- Optimized storage space
- Best-in-class suction power and airflow
- Large collection capacity
- Wide cleaning reach
- Quick tank drainage
- Quiet operation
- heavy duty suction power
- Some customers wish there was more suction for this level of horsepower.
Our overall winner for those looking for a professional shop vac is the Vacmaster Professional Wet/Dry Vac. This best-in-class machine gives you all you need for a powerful cleanup.
- This shop vac has one of the best suction power and airflow capabilities and its specifications are 400 air watts, 150 CFM, and 64 inches water lift.
- There is an integrated hose, accessory, and power cord, and this saves space and makes storage easier.
- Other accessories and parts included are a kink-resistant hose, a utility and floor nozzle, crevice nozzle, two extension wands, foam filter, fine dust cartridge filter, as well as an air and noise diffuser.
- The cleaning reach of this wet/dry vac is over 27 feet from the 7-foot hose and 20-foot power cord).
- There is a large 16-gallon collection tank with a quick-empty liquid drain port.
- There is a 5-year limited warranty.
The Vacmaster professional wet/dry vac is the best shop vac because of all it brings to the table. Since this is a very powerful machine, it is important to check on the circuitry where you want to plug it in to avoid blowing an electrical breaker. It should not be less than 20 amps.
Our runner-up and the best budget option is the Craftsman CMXEVBE17595 shop vac. Learn more about everything this affordable cleaner offers in the full review below.
- High horsepower
- Built-in blower
- Increased mobility and kink resistance
- Versatility and a range of accessories
- heavy duty suction power
- None found
The Craftsman CMXEVBE17595 shop vac is a 6.5 HP, 9.5-gallon shop vacuum with a HEPA filter. It comes with a few attachments, including a 2 1/2 in x 24 ft hose and two extension wands, as well as an air duster gun that has its own rubber tube attached. This model features both wet and dry dust capacity at 9 gallons each – it also comes with an attachment for adding additional water to the tank if you choose to use it as a wet vacuum as well. The power cord is 25 ft long.
Our runner-up and the best budget option is the Craftsman CMXEVBE17595 shop vac. Learn more about everything this affordable cleaner offers in the full review below.
- This heavy-duty Craftsman wet/dry vac has 6.5 HP and can therefore handle large cleaning projects in the garage, shop, and other work sites.
- There is a built-in rear blowing port on this wet-dry vac for easy outdoor cleanup of leaves and other debris.
- A built-in oversized drain allows you to empty liquid water easily.
- This Craftsman shop vac has a 2-1/2 inch hose diameter with Dual-Flex technology for 180-degree mobility at each end for kink-resistance.
- The accessories that come with this machine include a 7-foot hose, two extension wands, utility nozzle, a car nozzle and a wet cleaning nozzle, a Qwik Lock Filter, and the dust collection bag.
- There is a 3-year limited warranty available.
The pros of the Craftsman CMXEVBE17595 shop vac are that it has a large tank, is lightweight and easy to move around, comes with some useful attachments, has both wet and dry capability, runs quietly for its size, filters dust well, does not have problems with any power cords coming loose, and is affordable compared to similar models. The cons of this shop vac are that it is not designed for continuous use – the motor burns out if used continuously past 15 minutes – and it does not come with a wrench or tool caddy.
The bottom line on the Craftsman CMXEVBE17595 shop vac is that it does what most people need at an affordable price point. It’s great for quick cleanups but shouldn’t be used for longer jobs because the motor overheats easily when in use for too long at one time.
Thanks to all the great accessories, you can use this shop vac on a range of hard surfaces, whether in your workshop, car, or any wet surface. It is, without a doubt, one of the best wet dry vacuums on the market.
If you prefer a smaller and more portable shop vac due to specific worksite requirements or storage space limitations, we recommend the Ridgid 50313.
- Compact, portable, and easy to store
- Versatile blower
- Easy to use filter fastening system
- Extend cleaning reach
- Four times more durable hose
- Ergonomic handle
- Value for money
- rechargeable battery – lithium-ion battery
- Great suction power
- the top handle makes it easy to move around but doesn't get in the way when attaching accessories
- Slightly loud operation
- Some buyers wish that this portable Ridgid shop vac had more accessory options.
- The hose is too short
- the hose – only 1.5 inches wide
- No cord-keeper
- The bottom has no wheels or grips
- Cloudy plastic see-through canister
- The canister fills up quickly
If you prefer a smaller and more portable shop vac due to specific worksite requirements or storage space limitations, we recommend the Ridgid 50313. As the top portable option we found, it offers some excellent features even for its small size.
- This Ridgid shop vac offers a powerful peak horsepower of 5.0 suitable for the professional contractor.
- The hose length is 8 feet, and the width is 1-7/8-inch.
- Compared with the standard hose, this ultra-flexible option is four times more durable.
- As far as the cleaning reach, the Ridgid shop vac can cover up to 28 feet, thanks to the hose and 20-foot power cord.
- There is an ergonomic handle to improve the operation.
- With the patented filter fastening system, it’s easy to clean, remove, and replace the filter.
- You can use the blower to perform a wide range of cleaning tasks on many sites.
- There is a full lifetime warranty on this Ridgid wet/ dry vac.
The Hose is too short at only 1.5 inches wide: This gets frustrating because it limits how far away from an outlet you can use this vacuum. But there is a simple workaround for this issue: just buy one of those long rubber hoses that stretch across the floor to reach the other side of the shop.
The cord-keeper: I can understand why this is important for hand vacuums, but it seems pointless for a big 6-gallon machine like this. The cord slides out very easily even if you don’t unplug it, so just wrap it up and stow it in the back when you are done using the vacuum. But there’s nowhere to stow loose cords anyways, so…
Cloudy plastic see-through canister: This would be a dealbreaker if I actually cared about looks, but my tool collection tends toward utilitarian tools rather than flashy ones with nice paint jobs. So while most people might prefer their vacs in sleek colors or opaque black, my bright yellow vacuum doesn’t bother me.
The canister fills up quickly: This is a problem if you plan to use the vacuum continuously without stopping for more than about 15 minutes, but my tool collection is rarely used in one session so this isn’t an issue at my house.
But even with its faults, I still think the Ridgid 50313 is a great shop vac. The bottom line is that it has great power and functionality for an unbeatable price of $89 In many of the online stores.
When you want to change the filter on this machine or simply clean it, you don’t need to use any tools. It is easy to do because of the patented Qwik Lock Filter Fastening System.
Not every job site has a power source nearby, and this can limit your cleaning capacity especially when your hose length and power cord length cannot reach every corner you want to clean.
- Cordless option
- Long battery runtime
- Easy storage and carrying bag
- 5-year limited warranty
- Durable and lightweight design
- High price point
- Not suitable for heavy-duty cleaning tasks
- A bit expensive for the average homeowner
If you want an excellent shop vac for light-duty cleaning, we highly recommend the DeWalt DCV581H Cordless/Corded model.
- This DeWalt (DCV581H) model can operate as a corded electric machine using an AC outlet.
- You can also operate the shop vac as a battery-powered cordless machine using a MAX battery of 18V or 20V.
- The charger rate of 4 amps.
- The flexible hose is 5 feet long and 1-1/4 inches in diameter.
- For easy storage and carrying, a bad is included with the kit.
- As far as tank capacity, this shop vac can handle up to 2-gallon.
- The HEPA-rated wet/dry filter has an efficiency of up to 99.97%.
- There is a 3-year free service warranty.
As a contractor, you know that much of your success is going to depend on how well-stocked your toolbox is. The more equipment you have at your disposal, the better equipped you are going to be when faced with different jobs and challenges. When it comes to vacuums for construction sites, there are generally two things that take precedence in terms of quality: functionality and power. With this kind of thinking in mind, a review was recently written over the top-rated DeWalt DCV581H shop vac for both home users and professionals alike. Read our article below to find out why this device has been deemed worthy of such high praise!
As we mentioned above, the functionality and power found within this vacuum are exceptional. Cleaning your shop is going to be a breeze, with its 12-gallon capacity allowing you to pick up most types of debris without stopping!
- The canister also swivels at 180° for convenience, especially when trying to navigate around tight spaces. It goes without saying that this unit is also lightweight
- weighing in at just 15 pounds
- making transporting from one area of your work site to another a straightforward process. Further adding value, any user will also appreciate its 5-year limited warranty
- giving them peace of mind every time they use it.
The DEWALT DCV581H is an affordable, effective option for handling cleanup duties in both shops and garages. Its 12-gallon capacity means you don’t have to stop for a decent amount of time, while its solid construction ensures it won’t break down after repeated use.
Not every job site has a power source nearby, and this can limit your cleaning capacity especially when your hose length and power cord length cannot reach every corner you want to clean. Having a cordless wet/ dry vacuum option, like this DeWalt model offers, allows you to clean anywhere you can carry the portable shop vac. You just have to keep your battery charged up.
With the four-horsepower motor, this shop vacuum can be used to clean up workshops, garages, vehicles, and even the home.
- Affordable price tag
- Wide range
- Lower cleaning reach compared with other shop vacuum models.
There is a lot to love about the Stanley – SL18116P wet/ dry vacuum, especially when you are looking for a budget option. Find out more in the review below.
- The Stanley SL18116P has a large capacity of 6 gallons.
- With the 4 peak horsepower motor, this shop vacuum can be used to clean up workshops, garages, vehicles, and even the home.
- This model allows you to perform three functions, which are dry clean-ups, wet clean-ups, and blowing using the blower port.
- As far as clean-up reach, you can cover 16 feet, thanks to the 6-foot hose combined with the power cord length of 10 feet.
- This model has four swivel caster wheels for easy movement and maneuvers.
- The wet/ dry vac comes with a flexible hose, nozzles for gulper, floor, and crevice cleaning, a foam filter, three extension wands, a reusable dry filter, and a dust bag.
- There is a 12-month warranty.
The Stanley SL18116P shop vac is one of the most well-known, popular models on the market today. With its 6 gallon capacity, it can be used for any number of standard household tasks. It comes with a 1 year warranty to give you peace of mind in your purchase along with many other customer reviews that are overwhelmingly positive.
Stanley Shop Vac Pros & Cons
There are several reasons people love the Stanley SL18116P shop vac including power, suction, price, and reviews. Many reviews mention how much they appreciate how powerful the vacuum is without sucking up all the fine dust around them as many other cheaper models tend to do. You also don’t need to worry about model clogging against liquids thanks to a filtration system that can handle anything.
As far as price goes, many reviewers mention how this model is a perfect size and fits their needs perfectly without costing them an arm and a leg. The great thing about it is even if you don’t get your money’s worth out of it, there is enough power in the motor to be sold to someone else for parts. Considering how cheaply it can be found on sale at times, this makes buying one a definite consideration when making purchases.
Even though there are many good things to say about the Stanley SL18116P shop vac including its incredible selection of accessories and attachments along with its powerful suction and filtration system, there were still some people who did not enjoy their purchase with this machine. Many reviews mentioned how they felt the suction was too much for most tasks, particularly when using it with any attachments that reduced its suction power.
Some users also mentioned that they felt the price was a bit high considering there are models that offer similar features but at lower costs. Although you do get what you pay for in most cases with appliances, some consumers still feel as though the Stanley SL18116P shop vac is not worth what it costs. Other people have reviewed how it’s simply too loud to use around themselves or during time-sensitive jobs without ear protection which can make things stressful and hectic.
While there may be mixed reviews about the Stanley SL18116P shop vac such as it being too loud or having too much suction, it is one of the most popular models available today that offers incredible value for its power and performance. For the price you pay to own this model, you will be able to handle almost any cleaning job in your home with ease.
This shop vac has a 2-in-2 function, so you might need to keep everything in place. The best suggestion we have is to organize the hose and the power cord on the top handle and side wrap once you are done using them to prevent tangling and for easy storage.
With advanced buoy technology, this wet vac can better detect the water level to protect the motor.
- All-0n-one performance
- Wide reach
- Powerful motor and suction ability
- Advanced filtration
- Motor protection from buoy technology
- None found
For a professional wet/ dry vac, we also suggest this Tacklife model.
- This wet/ dry vac has a 6 horsepower motor and an 18.9L bin capacity.
- You can perform wet and dry cleaning jobs and use the blower function when vacuuming is not possible.
- With a power cord length of 17 feet and a 5-foot hose length, you can a wide cleaning reach.
- There is a four-layer filter system design to prevent secondary pollution.
- With advanced buoy technology, this wet vac can better detect the water level to protect the motor.
- Each purchase comes with an instruction manual, HEPA filtration System, three tubes, a flexible hose, brushes for combi crevice, sofa, floor, and wet and dry cleaning.
- There is a 1-year warranty on this item.
Knowing which accessory to use with what type of cleaning is essential for an effective clean. When you want to clean whisk windowsills, lampshades, bookcases, and framed art, you can make use of the floor brush accessory.
Ridgid is one of the brands that produce many excellent wet/ dry vac options. Another model to look into besides the Ridgid 50313 we have discussed the Ridgid 40103.
- Low noise level
- Versatile usage
- Suitable for use in the home
- It's easy to roll around thanks to its swivel casters
- Large wheels make it hard to roll over uneven surfaces
- The blower feature works well enough even though it's not something I've used much
- Assembling pieces together is extremely easy and fast which means that you don't need to spend too much time for setup when you move out or if you need to use it in another room.
- Not for heavy-duty use
- The dust collector is not removable meaning that cleaning it can be a bit of a hassle. I wish the handle was also made of rubber so there would be no slippage when carrying this around. If you buy an adapter, the hose fits snugly on most standard-sized wrenches so it doesn't fall off even at higher revolutions per minute
Ridgid is one of the brands that produce many excellent wet/ dry vac options. Another model to look into besides the Ridgid 50313 we have discussed the Ridgid 40103. Find out why it is also a top pick.
- As far as the tank, this wet/ dry vac has a large capacity of 12 gallons.
- It has 10 amp, 5 watts, and 5 peak HP power specifications.
- You can use this cleaning machine on many surfaces, including bare floor, carpet, leather, vinyl, stairs, tile, as well as wood
- One of the special features of this wet/ dry vac is the scroll noise reduction.
- There is a 3-year warranty available.
This Ridgid shop vac has many great features especially considering its price. It’s definitely something worth buying and upgrading if you’re looking for better performance without breaking the bank. This is probably the cheapest wet/dry vacuum cleaner that works well enough for most DIY tasks.
Unlike most of the other options on the list, this Ridgid product is one of the shop vacs you can use on a range of surfaces around the house.
Most wet/ dry vacs come with a filter, so you need to know the cleaning and replacement requirements for your particular model.
- Easy to clean and access filter
- Durable and flexible heavy-duty hose
- Powerful filter
- Easy accessory and hose storage and transport
- Very loud with good suction even after 200 hours
- Easy access container for unclogging and easy emptying
- Small and lightweight enough to carry around on the job site
- The corded-electric option is not available with this model.
- Filters are not easily removable or cleanable, which demands replacement over time
This is another one of the excellent offerings from DeWalt. You can learn more about the DeWalt DCV580H in this full review.
The DeWalt DCV580H shop vac is a cordless vacuum that operates on batteries. This means it’s perfect for the car, garage, basement, or any other area where power outlets are limited. It has a hose to fit all 1-1/4″ tools and comes with several other useful accessories.
The DCV580H also features an easy access container so you can easily empty it without making a mess. The tanks hold up to 0.8 gallons of dry material but only 0.5 gallons when wet. There are no filters to clean or replace which makes this one of the most convenient dust collectors out there- especially considering how well it works, maintaining 90% of suction at full capacity after 200 running hours.
The unit is very quiet, about 65 decibels which makes it ideal for working alongside someone. The power cord has a 20-foot length, which also comes in handy when you need to reach an outlet farther away. But what sets the DCV580H apart from other shop vacs is its lightweight of only 15 pounds and compact size. This makes it perfect for clean up on job sites or at home- especially considering how well it performs despite its size!
- This wet/ dry shop vacuum can be used if you needed a cordless option, and it is powered by a 20V MAX battery.
- Accessing the filter to clean it or replace it is easy.
- You can simply rinse the filter to clean it up.
- This shop vac is suitable for heavy-duty use.
- There is a fully integrated and crush-resistant hose with 1-1/4-inch diameter and a length of 5 feet.
- When you opt for this DeWalt model, you can also enjoy a hose and accessory storage bag, which also make transporting the machine easier.
- As far as the tank capacity, you get 2-gallons for this product
- The wet/ dry filters, which are HEPA-rated, can trap dust particles of as small as 0.3 microns.
- Some of the components that are included are a carrying and storage case, the battery, a sander, and a drill-driver.
- There is a 3-year warranty on this product.
Most wet/ dry vacs come with a filter, so you need to know the cleaning and replacement requirements for your particular model. You can wash and reuse the filter, so you don’t need to change it that often.
The Dustless wet/dry vac is another option you should consider if you want to clean up your work site.
- Easy switch between dry and wet modes
- Easy to clean filters
- Large barrel capacity
- Upgraded rubber wheels
- foam sleeve long hose
- High price point
The Dustless wet/dry vac is another option you should consider if you want to clean up your work site. Here is everything you can expect with this option.
- With this hop vac, it is very easy to switch between the dry and wet pickup options without affecting the filters.
- You can run this vacuum almost continuously using Winderbags for your ore-filter in both wet and dry applications.
- The barrel can hold up to 40 pounds of dust.
- This product has a reinforced lid and rubber wheels.
Knowing how to remove and clean the filters of a vacuum is essential. They perform an important cleaning function and must be handled with care. To clean the filters, all you have to do is agitate a rod on the outside of the shop vac.
The final one of the best wet dry vacuums that we are going to look at is the Ridgid NXT wet dry vac
- Great value for money
- Affordable price point
- Lifetime warranty
- Locking accessories
- None found
The final one of the best wet dry vacuums that we are going to look at is the Ridgid NXT wet dry vac. Find out everything you need to know about this 12-gallon option.
- The tank capacity of this shop vac is 12 gallons.
- As far as the peak horsepower, this wet/ dry vac has 5 HP.
- The hose has a diameter of 2 -1/2 inches.
- To keep the hose firmly in place when not in use, there is onboard storage available.
- This high-performance wet/ dry vac can be used to clean up even some of the toughest messes.
- Some of the key features include a wet nozzle and a built-in drain.
- The locking accessories on the hose ensure that is not going to become loose while you are cleaning.
- You can use the blower to blow grass clipping and leaves.
- When you pick this product, you can a quality guarantee and the Ridgid lifetime warranty.
The Ridgid NXT wet/ dry vac was made specifically for pro users. It is a redesigned model with better power, suction, and lift. One of its best features is the new 2-1/2 inch locking accessories, which are the first of their kind. These keep all the accessories firmly in place to cut down your downtime from reattaching anything that has come apart.
Before you go out and purchase your next shop vacuum or shop vac, there are some important considerations you should make. Is that machine going to be powerful enough for the kind of cleaning you want to do? What are some of the features you should be looking at? In this section, we guide potential shop vac owners on all of these questions and more. To begin, let’s look at is and when you should be considering a shop vacuum cleaner.
What Is a Shop Vac Used for?
Shop vacuum cleaners or shop vacs are powerful cleaning machines. They are different from the normal vacuum cleaners that you may use in your home because they provide superior cleaning power.
You can use a shop vac when you have a heavy-duty cleaning job to do. They are commonly used in woodworking shops and construction sites. A shop vac has a powerful motor and can clean up items such as dirt, chunks of wood, nails, small metal pieces, and other such items that your home vacuum cleaner might struggle with.
Shop vacs differ from home vacuums in a few ways. As we mentioned, they have a higher horsepower motor, which allows them to carry out heavy-duty jobs. These machines are also larger and more industrial than home vacuum cleaners. You can expect to pay more.
Another important feature of any vacuum is the hose. This is where all the dirt and debris that your vacuum pulls up is sucked into the machine. In a shop vac, the hose is much bigger and tougher to handle all the workshop debris that it might need to clean up. You might also see a greater hose length. It takes a lot to clog up a shop vac hose, so this is not something that you have to worry about.
When you empty a home vacuum, it’s as easy as removing the filter compartment or collection or dust bag. In a shop vac, however, you have to lift the large machine and turn it upside down to empty everything inside it.
The household vacuum cleaner in your home has a HEPA filter or other type of filter to improve the air quality. A shop vacuum does not usually have a filter and does not filter air. These machines do not come with a range of accessories to clean various surfaces such as carpets and other fabrics.
Wet/ dry vacs do have a few drawbacks that you might want to note. Because they are larger and bulkier machines than the ordinary vacuum in your home, they can be difficult to maneuver. They can also be a challenge to store, so you have to think about how and where you are going to fit the equipment when it is not in use.
Wet Cleaning Versus Dry Cleaning
Depending on what kind of cleaning jobs you want to do at your job site, you may be able to get away with just a dry vac. These machines are only capable of handling dry clean-ups. If you might have to pick up water and wet objects, then you should get a wet/ dry vac instead. This machine is more powerful, and as you might expect, you pay a lot more for it.
Picking Your Cleaning Machine: Shop Vac Buying Tips
What differentials one shop vac from the next? Before you pick one of the best wet/ dry vacs on the list, you should first evaluate the specification and features that allow a shop vac to perform its intended function. In this part of the buying guide, we are going to look at what you need to look at when you are evaluating some of the different options.
- Determine the cleaning capabilities you need: When you pick out your shop vac, make sure that model can handle the cleaning you need to do. You need a machine with a high power usage or power draw, typically greater than 12 amps. It’s also essential to consider the peak horsepower of the machine. While a vacuum for your home may work well with a lower horsepower motor, a shop vacuum needs to have a powerful motor to perform its function well. You might want to set a minimum of 3 HP.
- Determine the ideal machine size: Shop vacuums come in a range of tank or canister sizes. If you have a lot of serious cleaning to do, it makes sense to go for a shop vac with a higher tank capacity so that you do to have to empty them very frequently. If you only need a small mini shop vacuum, then you can get away with a small tank around a gallon. If you are going to be doing heavy cleaning at a large site, then a tank size of up to 14 gallons is our recommendation.
- It’s important to look for versatility when shopping for a shop vac: Shop vacuums are capable of doing a wide range of clean jobs. You can even use it to unclog drains and clear away snow in your home’s driveway. The accessories of a shop vac are important for increasing its versatility. These can include anything from utility nozzles, car nozzles, additional brushes, and more. If you need to clean an area without a power source, you might have to look into a smaller portable cordless wet/ dry vacuum. A shop vac is typically not a small piece of equipment, however, so you also have to think of how much machine and accessory storage space you are going to require for your new cleaning equipment.
Here are some of the other specifications and features you should note when choosing a shop vac:
- Sealed suction- Your wet/ dry vac should have a liquid suction capacity of at least 50 inches.
- Filters- A shop vac filter is usually made of foam and is different from a home vacuum filter. This can have different filtration capabilities, depending on what you are looking for in terms of filtration capacity.
- Hose size- A wider diameter in your vacuum hose allows you to cover more ground.
- Blower port-Ideally, you want a detachable one. This gives you more flexibility when performing different cleaning functions.
- Drain hose/ drain valve- This makes it easier to empty the grime in a wet/dry vac.
FAQs – Most Common Questions:
We get all kinds of questions about how shop vacs work and how to find the best shop vac. Here are some common questions and the answers to them.
What is the best brand of shop vac?
There are lots of brands that manufacture wet-dry vacuums. Some of the top ones include Dewalt, Stanley, Ridgid, Vacmaster, Craftsman, and many other makers of shop vacs.
Is a shop vac the same as a wet/dry vac?
A shop vac may be referred to by different names. It is the same as a wet/dry vac or vacuum. You might also hear these cleaning machines being called by other names as well. One of these is bucket vacuums, and this is because shop vacs look a lot like buckets that have a hose coming from out of them. In general, wet-dry vacs are the more powerful next level up from the vacuum cleaner you might be using to clean your room carpet.
Can you use a shop vac for cleaning your home?
In general, a shop vac is intended for use in job sites that require extra power and suction capacity. There are, however, various reasons why you might want to use shop vacs in the home. The blower function, for example, is excellent for cleaning the outside from leaves and grass cuttings. Some shop vacs come with accessories that allow them to be used on carpets and other materials and surfaces around the house. You must remember that shop vacuums cost more and are not very good with air filtration.
Is Shop-Vac going out of business?
Shop-Vac is one brand of vacuums, and the company has gone through some changes in recent years, including the acquisition by GreatStar Tools USA. The term shop vac as a general term for larger vacuums applies to machines from other brands as well, including Ridgid, Craftsman, Vacmaster, DeWalt, and more.
Can you vacuum glass with a wet/ dry shop vac?
There are many mixed options about what you can and cannot clean up with a vacuum cleaner. One of the disputed items is glass. When you break a glass, you may produce many shattered pieces. These can be large or small, and you have to clean these up very carefully to avoid getting cut. The type of vacuums that are usually found in the home are not as durable and resilient and are not suitable for cleaning glass. You can damage the motor if the glass shards end up inside it. As far as a wet-dry shop vacuum, this can handle tougher items such as glass and nails, and you can use it to clean up the glass effectively without damaging the motor and other internal parts of the equipment.
Can you vacuum wet items with a shop vac?
A wet/dry shop vacuum is suitable for cleaning up liquids and wet items. No matter what the liquid or liquid waste is and as long as it is not flammable, wet-dry vacuums have the suction power to clean up surfaces around the home, garage, or job site. The collection tank stores the liquid waste and this can be emptied using the drain port. You should know how large the tank is because this determines how often you are going to have to change it out during a large cleaning task.
How often should you change your shop vac filter?
Many wet/dry shop vacuum filters can be removed, cleaned, and reused. The cleaning process may require tapping the filter or washing it with water. It should be completely dry before you return it to the vacuum. If you start noticing rips, tears, or very stubborn stains on ur shop vac, then it is time to replace it with a new one.
Which cordless shop vac has the strongest suction?
The strongest shop vacs range from $200 to $400. The most expensive one is the Makita XPH03Z 18 Volt Lithium-Ion 3/8″ Hex Vacuum Cleaner with Brushless Motor, while the least expensive option is the Harbor Freight 12 Gallon Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum with 5′ hose for convenient DIY jobs on any surface.
Which shop vac has the strongest suction?
There is no definitive answer to this question because the strength of a shop vac’s suction depends on several factors, including the model and make of the vacuum, the size of its motor, and the type and quality of its filters. That said, some shop vacs are more potent than others, so it’s essential to do your research before making a purchase.
When shopping for a shop vac, be sure to ask yourself these questions:
– What kind of jobs will I use it for? (Car cleaning? Cleaning up after a storm?)
– How much horsepower does the vacuum have?
– What type of filters does it have? (Some models come with reusable cloth filters while others.
What is a good HP for a shop vac?
The answer to this question depends on what you plan to use it for. If you are looking for a lightweight, low amp machine perfect for cleaning up small spills, then the 8-gallon capacity would be appropriate. However, if you need more power or have more significant jobs, we recommend something in the 12-18 gallon range with at least two amps of current output and 3 HP motors (more horsepower means better performance).
Are shop vacs and regular vacuums the same?
The short answer is no. Shop vacuums are designed for specific purposes, like sucking up water and debris after a flood or cleaning the inside of a car. They have shorter hoses and smaller dustbins than regular vacuum cleaners, and they usually don’t come with a beater bar (the brush that agitates the carpet).
That said, there’s no reason you can’t use a shop vacuum to clean your house if you’re careful not to overload it. Just be sure to empty the dustbin regularly so it doesn’t get clogged up.
how to clean a shop vac filter?
The best way to clean a shop vac filter is to rinse it off with water. If the filter is really dirty, you can use a little detergent. Make sure to rinse the filter off completely and let it air dry before putting it back in the shop vac.
It’s blowing air out because it’s not sucking in enough air.
Your shop vac is not sucking in enough air because the hose is clogged. You need to clear the clog and then the shop vac will be able to suck in enough air and work properly.
In this full review of the 10 best wet/dry vacs, we zeroed down the race to some of the shop vacs that have the most to offer. We looked at key features and specifications that affect the performance of each cleaning machine. Tank capacity, peak horsepower, cleaning reach, hose, power cable length, and other features are some of the key criteria when evaluating the best wet dry vacuums.
Our overall winner was the 16-gallon Vacmaster Professional wet/dry vac. Our best budget option and the runner-up was the 16-gallon Craftsman CMXEVBE17595 wet/dry shop vacuum. Finally, we picked a smaller and more compact option for anyone who needs a wet/ dry shop vac that is easy to carry and use in a range of job sites. Our best portable pick was the Ridgid 50313 4000RV wet dry vacuum.