We research in-depth and provide unbiased reviews and recommendations on the best products. We strive to give you the most accurate information. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
If you have been thinking about remodeling your bathroom for some time, this could be the time to do it. If you have a small bathroom, you may have struggled with space constraints. Remodeling a small bathroom can have numerous benefits. You can utilize the space available better and create a bathroom space that better matches your style preferences. You don’t have to have a huge budget to remodel your bathroom. This article has some great bathroom remodel ideas to give you some inspiration and guidance as you design a new bathroom space. We will look at the considerations you have to make when deciding to remodel your bathroom and some design and décor ideas for your redesigned bathroom area.
How Much Does It Cost to Remodel a Small Bathroom?
Every bathroom remodel project is unique, so it is difficult to give an accurate cost estimate. Some of the factors that affect the price include the size of the room, its current state, the amount of work required, the materials you use, including paint, cement, Toilet, fixtures, and fittings, as well as the amount of labor and time that it’s going to take. If you have a knack for DIY work, you may be able to do some of the work yourself and reduce the labor costs as a result.
Beach Inspired Powder Room
Luxury Vinyl Planked Bathroom
On average, the national average cost for a small bathroom remodel is about $6,500. The actual cost can be anywhere between a few thousand and $15,000 or more.
What Is the Cheapest Way to Remodel a Small Bathroom?
If you don’t want to find yourself with a huge bill after implementing all your new small bathroom ideas, you have to think about the costs from the onset. There are lots of tips and tricks you can use to keep your costs low and still achieve a great result with the remodeling of a tiny bathroom.
Here are a few ways you can remodel a small bathroom for cheap:
- Buy used items such as fixtures and fittings. Buying new can drive up your costs, so if you can find a cheaper pre-loved option, that can help.
- Reduce how many tiles you use. Whether this is your floor tiles or mosaic tiles, these gorgeous design elements can drive up your costs.
- Use a budget countertop material. Granite is one of the most revered materials for the counters in your bathroom, but it is not cheap.
These are just some of the small bathroom design ideas you can use to cut costs. You can also explore small changes that make a huge impact on the overall look and design of this room. These include painting the walls and ceiling a fresh new color, adding new storage solutions including open shelving and wood cabinets, and spicing up space with unexpected and unique accessories.
Powder Room Redesign Ideas
If you have a tiny bathroom on the first floor of your home, you may also refer to it as the powder room, half bath, or guest bathroom. This is usually the bathroom that you direct the guests to in your home. It is a small space and does not have a shower or tub in most cases. If you want to redesign this space, you can use the tiny bathroom ideas already covered in this article.
Small Bathroom Ideas for a Resigned Space
If you want to redesign a small bathroom, you might be asking how to go about it. There’s quite a lot to think about, including larger items like the sink, bathtub, shower stall, and easier changes like painting the walls and adding new faucets. A bathroom is a space that must be beautiful, organized, ergonomic, and relaxing despite its small size. After all the major interior design elements are done, you have to consider the color scheme and the overall bathroom decor to create an amazing bath space. These tips apply whether we are talking about the master bathroom, the powder room, guest bath, or any other bathroom you have in your home.
Here are some excellent tips you can make is of when you are trying got improve a tiny bathroom space:
- Instead of a full shower door, make use of a shower curtain or sliding door. This can help the tiny bathroom space feel less cramped and more open.
- Use lots of mirrors to create an open atmosphere. Somehow when there are many mirrors in a room, you can trick your brain into believing that the space is bigger. You can use multiple mirrors or just one full-length mirror to mirror the opposite wall.
- For your safety, you should use a vanity with rounded edges when in a small space.
- To maximize the space with your sink, consider using a corner sink.
- Use open shelves instead of closed cabinets as much as possible. This is one of the best ways to make small bathrooms more space-efficient. In this way, you don’t have to worry about swinging cabinet doors filling up precious space in the room and becoming a potential cause of injury.
- Ensure there is enough storage space so that your floor space is kept clear. You can get very creative with bathroom storage ideas like adding shelving up to the ceiling and other compact bathroom storage solutions for your towels, cleaning supplies, and other bathroom accessories.
- Pick the bathroom lighting that brings out the best in the room.
- Paint the walls with high gloss paint to reflect light better, or try wallpaper with large shapes and design elements.
Fair Oaks Bathrooms
Tiny Bathroom Style and Theme
When thinking about the style and theme of a room, the size matters because it can limit what you can do. With smaller bathrooms, it is best to keep your ideas as minimalist as possible. The last thing you want to do is create a cramped space. This room should always be one where you can relax. You have many styles to pick from, including modern, vintage, boho, and more.
There are lots of great color schemes you can use in a smaller area. Again, try to keep your design elements to the minimal and your color choices simple. Some of the hottest bathroom colors at the moment include black and white, gray, teal, blue, and more. You can’t go wrong with your favorite color.
After going through all the bathroom ideas and tips you should have a good idea of how to go about your small bathroom renovation project. You can get creative with the color, style, accessories, and bathroom decorating ideas. With some simple changes, you can do all this on a budget.
Crown Heights Townhouse
Sailfish Gulf Suites Renovation on Holmes Beach
Cozy & Sophisticated Basement Kitchen and Bathroom
Revived Vintage Guest Bath
Palo Alto Multi-generational Home
Classical Carrara marble bathroom in Oak park
Fun Guest Bathroom
Beautiful Bright Broadway
Winter Hill Transitional Victorian
Day St New Build
by Noz Design
The Summit Residence
Traditional in Travertine Master Bath
Hancock Park Modern Organic Renovation
Rowayton Modern Beach House
Rowe Street Bathroom
Basement Steam Shower Custom Tile
Beverly Hills Residence
916 Oak Hill
Plank & Pebble Guest Bath
Historic Shotgun Style Renovation
by Carey Dodson
Bondurant – Huntington Beach
Japanese Tea House Bathroom Steamboat Storm Meadow Drive Mountain/Asian Fusion
Goose Hollow Guest House
Upper West Side, NYC: White Modern Bathroom Remodel
Blue Bell, PA Master Suite
Transitional Updates – Naperville, IL
Modern South Minneapolis Basement | Che Bella Interiors
crystal contemporary remodel
Crown Heights Townhouse
Gray tones playfulness. A kids bathroom in Oak park.
The Sundial | Main Floor Bathroom | New Home Builders in Tampa Florida
Nitschke – Simi Valley Bathroom and General remodeling
Shoak Creek Addition
Retro Bathroom/Walk-In Shower
A Modern Surprise
Ross – Master Bath
Bringing the outdoors in- A Redondo Beach, CA Addition
Vinegar Hill Guest Bathroom
Warm Modern Home
Marietta, GA – “Bathroom 911” Remodel
Nautical style bath
by Shor Home